Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRA Women on Target shooting clinic Colorado Springs/Penrose
What: Basic introduction to handgun shooting for Women. Think of it as "NRA Basic Pistol Lite".

When: Sunday May 3rd, 8:30am 'till whenever you'd like to leave.

Where: Classroom held near I25/Circle, range held at Cactus Flats in Penrose.

Cost: $25 includes firearms, ammo, targets and lunch.

More information: Registration and information and NRA page about WoT

Flyer with more information.

O2

FAQs:
Class not sufficient to meet Concealed Carry training requirements
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
Anyone going to this from this board or a referral?

O2
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
I'm going to try and get my mother and sister in law to attend. I don't know if they will miss church for it though.

My Mama is a member on here.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(04-27-2015, 09:52 PM)Beau Wrote:  I'm going to try and get my mother and sister in law to attend. I don't know if they will miss church for it though.

My Mama is a member on here.

Beau & Beau's Mama,

Check, but I think it's full at this point. :(

It fills up very quickly nowadays (warms the cockles of my heart!) which is why I posted it on this board when I did -- to give folks that frequent this board a good chance at going. Next time I'll mention about how quickly it fills up. It'll probably be held again this fall.

O2
Aw, man! I wanted to send my mother to this. And I'm JUST NOW learning about it. Is this class offered regularly?
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
Twice a year. You might call Doug at the number on the flyer in the first post and see if there have been any cancellations.

O2
Didn't realize it filled so quickly. I really want my ma to get out and learn from someone besides me. Sometimes it is easier to take instruction from a non family member.
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

(04-28-2015, 05:27 PM)Beau Wrote:  Didn't realize it filled so quickly. I really want my ma to get out and learn from someone besides me. Sometimes it is easier to take instruction from a non family member.

In some cases, parents never unlearn their mental image of their offspring as a tyke who doesn't know anything (yet) and scribbles in crayon; at some level they just don't take you seriously enough to think you have anything to teach them (though they might well think you're better than almost everyone else, they're still higher on the totem pole).  And if they do something truly stupid at the range, you won't get the result you wanted with the stern "don't ever do that again" because they'll default to demanding X level of unconditional respect.
Known as SteveInCO on national fora (changed it here because "in Colorado" is the default).

CZ-75, Glock 20, Mossberg 590, S&W M&P AR-15, PTR-91, DSA FAL, Springfield M1A... and lots of other goodies.
Biggun
(04-28-2015, 04:30 PM)O2HeN2 Wrote:  Twice a year. You might call Doug at the number on the flyer in the first post and see if there have been any cancellations.

Probably too late to do it this cycle, but if I can get far enough advance to know the next one, I may do this. My mom knows that she has a lot to learn, and she's an apt student. I'd love for her to have some women-only time, since right now I'm the only source of firearm info she has.

(04-29-2015, 06:42 AM)308 Fan Wrote:  In some cases, parents never unlearn their mental image of their offspring as a tyke who doesn't know anything (yet) and scribbles in crayon; at some level they just don't take you seriously enough to think you have anything to teach them (though they might well think you're better than almost everyone else, they're still higher on the totem pole).  And if they do something truly stupid at the range, you won't get the result you wanted with the stern "don't ever do that again" because they'll default to demanding X level of unconditional respect.

Thankfully, my mom isn't this set in her ways. I don't teach my dad, since he's been shooting longer than I.....have been alive.
JackRock
Lakewood, CO
http://ryancash.co
Charter Member, Bristlecone Shooting Center
Women on Target, Sunday, September 20th. South Colorado Springs and Penrose.

Everything in the first post in this thread is still accurate.

Given the past track record, THIS WILL FILL FAST! In fact probably faster than before because we over-booked the last class expecting the usual number of cancellations which didn't materialize. This time we won't overbook and if we're light, we're light.

O2
Bump. This is going to be posted on the "other" Colorado site soon. I like the atmosphere here better, which is why I give this site "first shot" (pardon the pun:)) at this.

O2
Women on Target, Sunday, September 18th. South Colorado Springs and Penrose.

Everything in the first post in this thread is still accurate.

Given the past track record, THIS WILL FILL FAST!

O2