Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum/Web Design/Graphics
HannahBearCo Offline
C Class

Likes Given: 4
I'm a college educated girl with a Bachelors of Science in Digital Media, if I can be of any service and help upgrade this forum some, please don't hesitate to ask. I would be more than glad to help.

I also have vBulletin licenses I need to use and would be glad to donate if there was any desire to upgrade. I know how to set all that stuff too, it's very easy and doesn't take long.

I also specialize in WordPress custom web design. Would love to help see this forum really take off!

Audrey Buddies

Sig Sauer P250 .40 S&W sub-compact
Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Remington 870 12 ga. pump shotgun
Uncle Mike's Sling Mounts & Hooks | 15 shell sling | 56 shell bandolier | 25 shell belt | 4 chokes | Synthetic Black
10 shot Briley Extension Tube | Plano takedown hardcase

Custom Built AR-15
Surplus Arms & Ammo AR-15 Lower | 5.56 NATO or .223 compatible |
UTG 6 pt adjustable rear stock and buffer spring | Leapers UTG 3x12x44 SWAT Accushot - EZ Tap w/ illuminated reticle |
UTG Adjustable bi-pod | UTG ring scope mounts | Blackthorne 5.56 NATO Upper w/ 20" Bull Varmint Stainless Steel Barrel |
Magpul handguards w/ Delta Ring conventional gas tube setup (no piston) | Chrome Del-ton Bolt Carrier Group | DMPS Charging Handle |
DMPS Trigger | Magpul Trigger Guard | ProMag AR-15/M4 Heavy Duty Recoil Pad | 3 point SWAT Sling and sling hooks |
Nebo Tactical Flashlight and Laser Combo | 3 magpul picatinny rail mounts | Tactical Ergonomic Pistol Grip |
TMS Sling Swivel w/ Base | (20) - 30 round magazines |

Draw
02-18-2013 12:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beau Offline
Hugs Liberals
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 125
RE: Forum/Web Design/Graphics
Shoot a PM to Lead Junkie. I'm sure he would welcome some help.

Greg Brophy for Governer
Not One More Inch!
02-18-2013 12:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DGCJason Offline
C Class
Site Supporter

Likes Given: 17
(02-18-2013 12:10 AM)Audrey Wrote:  I'm a college educated girl with a Bachelors of Science in Digital Media, if I can be of any service and help upgrade this forum some, please don't hesitate to ask. I would be more than glad to help.

I also have vBulletin licenses I need to use and would be glad to donate if there was any desire to upgrade. I know how to set all that stuff too, it's very easy and doesn't take long.

I also specialize in WordPress custom web design. Would love to help see this forum really take off!

Audrey Buddies

Oh my...women educated in digital media, social media AND firearms?!?!?! If I wasn't married, I'd be drooling...

Ah heck, she's not on the forums! LOL

Evilangel

And fwiw, I did read your new member post, so don't misinterpret me just being silly as trying any funny business or anything...but welcome, and a great idea for offering up your services. I should have done the same as my skill sets are quite similar too...

PHPBB, vBulletin, Joomla, Wordpress, and Drupal are my CMS systems of choice, and primarily an Adobe guy. You?

Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 02:37 AM by DGCJason.)
02-18-2013 02:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lead Junkie Offline
Internetz, Seriouz Biznezz!
Administrators

Likes Given: 11
I'm definitely interested in some help.

Smileak
02-18-2013 10:39 AM
HannahBearCo Offline
C Class

WordPress
HTML
CSS
Custom Graphics Design
Flash Banners
jQuery Scripting
PHPMYADMIN
MySQL Database
vBulletin

I steer clear of Drupal, Joomla and the rest, they are a big headache, but I love WordPress, you can do anything at all with very little ease.

I'm skilled in most of the Adobe Master Suite, except for Audition, After Effects, Bridge and Contribute and the little side programs.

I know Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver and Illustrator best.
I'm so so with Premiere, Flash and InDesign. I do a little better with Final Cut Pro Studio 3.

Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Uncle Mike's Sling Mounts & Hooks | 15 shell sling | 56 shell bandolier | 25 shell belt | 4 chokes | Synthetic Black

Custom Built AR-15
UTG 6 pt adjustable rear stock and buffer spring | Leapers UTG 3x12x44 SWAT Accushot - EZ Tap w/ illuminated reticle |
UTG Adjustable bi-pod | UTG ring scope mounts | Blackthorne 5.56 NATO Upper w/ 20" Bull Varmint Stainless Steel Barrel |
Magpul handguards w/ Delta Ring conventional gas tube setup (no piston) | Chrome Del-ton Bolt Carrier Group | DMPS Charging Handle |
DMPS Trigger | Magpul Trigger Guard | ProMag AR-15/M4 Heavy Duty Recoil Pad | 3 point SWAT Sling and sling hooks |
Nebo Tactical Flashlight and Laser Combo | 3 magpul picatinny rail mounts | Tactical Ergonomic Pistol Grip |

Draw
02-18-2013 10:34 PM
KiloVoltaire Offline
Unclassified

Likes Given: 3
Good skillset Audrey. Got anything going on with ColdFusion (yes, antique like me) or data-driven (especially mobile) apps? No worries if you don't, because I do. Anyway, I'm up to speed on HTML/CFML/CSS/SQL, and learning mobile apps ... but graphics is my downfall.

The reason I ask is that I have a mind-bending and world-changing app in the works, but hate having to stop every 5th line to look up how-to stuff.

Political advocates sound good.
Political activists get results.
02-18-2013 11:40 PM
DGCJason Offline
C Class
Site Supporter

No one really writes in CF anymore...my employer actually is one of the last vestiges of civilization that uses it, but I suspect is going the way of the dodo bird...

They generate more CF errors in a day than I thought possible, primarily because it's so heavy. Sounds like both Audrey and I can help wit graphics, and I may specifically be able to help if you have video needs. I use Premiere, Vegas, and Camtasia literally every day then combine contents into Articulate or Captivate for the educational curricula. Outside of the video realm, my Adobe platform is likely (in order): Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver. Last sat the CS exam on CS4, and they're on CS6 now, so probably could get close to passing, but there's been enough of a change in the core elements in the last two versions that I am not 100% where I used to be in some of the less used portions...

What I'd really like to dig into next is C+ and/or X-Code for mobile programming...

Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
02-19-2013 12:44 AM
HannahBearCo Offline
C Class

Yeah, hardly anyone is using ColdFusion anymore. I haven't gotten much into app development, can't say I really care to either, just not my forte`.

I'm using CS5 for everything but I really need to get CS6 soon.

Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
02-19-2013 06:59 AM
DGCJason Offline
C Class
Site Supporter

Yeah, CS5 is my last buyin- was on the beta testing team for Adobe for a while and the "game-changer" feature sets were dropping and dropping, so I wasn't submitting as many bug reports as I was beta testing less. They finally dropped me from the progam after CS5, so it was the last iteration I own.

Will probably revert to upgrading every other edition, because I am not using it cutting edge style. Still probably lots that I don't use any app for with any regularity, ya know?

Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
02-19-2013 02:13 PM
HannahBearCo Offline
C Class

I'm gonna start working on a logo this weekend, and I'll be sending the vBulletin files over to Lead Junkie.

if anyone knows how to transfer all the posts and info from MyBB over to vBulletin, give LeadJunkie a pm. I'm not sure how to do it, and all I know is it involves backing up the MySQL database into a backup file, and from there I'm like Ray Charles in a House of Mirrors.

Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
03-07-2013 02:21 AM
Poisonspyder Offline
C Class

Likes Given: 0
I just wanted to post in here so I looked smart too.

NRA instructor
$50 concealed carry classes
http://www.cogunowners.com/showthread.php?tid=1704 Click for information
03-07-2013 09:13 AM
DGCJason Offline
C Class
Site Supporter

MySQL export/import functions between forum CMS systems are usually pretty easy, it's just the CSS and layout that changes. You just need to find the right table names as those do change depending on your forums that you are moving between.

Can take a look if you want me to as well

Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
03-07-2013 08:09 PM
HannahBearCo Offline
C Class

you and LeadJunkie can work that out lol. I have NO IDEA!

Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
03-08-2013 10:35 AM
HannahBearCo Offline
C Class

just a first rough draft. to honest, it's my first ever logo, lol. I guess it's ok? I'm more into the web design, flyers, newsletters, invitations, etc, style of design.

*pic edited*

what do you all think?

Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 04:51 PM by HannahBearCo.)
03-12-2013 07:32 AM
HannahBearCo Offline
C Class

edited

Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 04:51 PM by HannahBearCo.)
03-12-2013 07:52 AM
Rocky Offline
C Class

Likes Given: 5
I like it, although I'd lose the crosshairs on the eagle's head. That rubs me the wrong way on several levels.
03-12-2013 08:24 AM
DenverPilot Offline
C Class

Likes Given: 0
Not sure it should look like a badge really, either. But a nice start.
03-12-2013 12:39 PM
HannahBearCo Offline
C Class

(03-12-2013 08:24 AM)Rocky Wrote:  I like it, although I'd lose the crosshairs on the eagle's head. That rubs me the wrong way on several levels.

point taken. crosshairs gone.

[Image: cgologo2_zps3003c7d1.png]

(03-12-2013 12:39 PM)DenverPilot Wrote:  Not sure it should look like a badge really, either. But a nice start.

what should it look like?

CO AR-15 Owners has a badge. The NRA has a badge. I'm trying to keep consistent with the overall theme of guns/gun owners, yet adding that "flair" to set this site apart.

help me out here. I can see it needs more of the Colorado color theme involved (blue, red, yellow and white).

[Image: coar_trans.png]

[Image: $(KGrHqFHJDcE+cwqiFIiBQ,nhuHuG!~~60_35.JPG]

Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 04:45 PM by HannahBearCo.)
03-12-2013 04:44 PM
DGCJason Offline
C Class
Site Supporter

I think it's pretty darn good actually - my only nit (and it's a very small one) is that the Colorado sun usually isn't that orange-y... the color from the Wikipedia flag is #ffd700 so my idea would be to try gradations down from there to maybe an orange like #eab026

Jason Anderson
NRA Instructor
Firearms enthusiast
03-12-2013 09:50 PM
HannahBearCo Offline
C Class

are you talking the sun itself? or the rays?

Trijicon night sights
(3) 10 round magazines.

Custom Built AR-15

Draw
03-13-2013 12:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)