Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NRA phone call tonight - clueless about Colorado
DenverPilot Offline
C Class

Likes Given: 0
NRA phone call tonight - clueless about Colorado
I got a call around 18:45 from a script-reading drone at NRA asking for $400 to fight the UN resolution against assault weapons in mid-March.

Now sure. It's important, but when I mentioned that my donation money was going to local groups who seemed more effective at fighting the huge problems going on in Colorado, TODAY... It was obvious I had gone "off-script" for the "Hi, I'm an NRA member, too, would you care to donate?" person. I may have even heard a few brain cells cry out in agony as they overloaded and popped.

I decided she was having a hard enough time that asking her if she had already donated $400 also, was probably not worth it.

Not impressed NRA, not at all... At least hand the drones an NRA-ILA summary page for the States they're calling and have them at least act interested.

Full disclosure: I'm an NRA Life Member from one of the recent discount offers.
03-05-2013 03:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
mfinley919 Offline
C Class

Likes Given: 7
RE: NRA phone call tonight - clueless about Colorado
Had been avoiding a phone number that kept showing up on my caller id for about 2 weeks. It was becoming so frequent that I finally was getting nervous like it was somebody I might know or need to talk to.

Turned out to be the NRA asking me to join for a year. Told the gal I was already a lifetime member. She didn't know what to say.

Have to agree the NRA should be going after the local issues by state. Colorado passing these new gun laws is like a shining impregnable castle that you never dreamed could be breached, suddenly falling and being burned and sacked. 6 years ago nobody would have believed anybody if they would have predicted that in 2013 Colorado would be on it's way to becoming NY or California.
03-05-2013 07:45 PM
lnferno Offline
D Class
Site Supporter

Likes Given: 2
RE: NRA phone call tonight - clueless about Colorado
(03-05-2013 07:45 PM)mfinley919 Wrote:  6 years ago nobody would have believed anybody if they would have predicted that in 2013 Colorado would be on it's way to becoming NY or California.

QFT

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun."
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
03-05-2013 09:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)