Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HB 1229...
vader33 Offline
C Class

Likes Given: 0
HB 1229...
How does the State expect this to be enforced? I'm talking about private sales. If I sold my 9 to my next door neighbor, how would anyone know? Even if the gun is used in a crime, it's not traced back to me. The record of sale stopped at the store I purchased it from. They even told me the CBI doesn't keep a record, and can't acquire them.

NOT ONE MORE INCH!
03-05-2013 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
s9601694 Offline
Unclassified

Likes Given: 3
HB 1229...
Unenforceable, just as the other BS bills. Sheriffs have already said as much. Nothing will change for day-to-day. Doesn't mean we need to stop fighting though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Endowment Member NRA
Life Member RMGO
Z.E.D.U. # 1240
03-05-2013 09:59 AM
Beau Offline
Hugs Liberals
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 125
RE: HB 1229...
(03-05-2013 09:49 AM)vader33 Wrote:  How does the State expect this to be enforced? I'm talking about private sales. If I sold my 9 to my next door neighbor, how would anyone know? Even if the gun is used in a crime, it's not traced back to me. The record of sale stopped at the store I purchased it from. They even told me the CBI doesn't keep a record, and can't acquire them.

Registration. Coming soon on a bill to protect you! This bill will completely track all firearms. If a gun is used in a crime they'll know who it belongs to immediately. This is for your safety. Think of the children. Any firearm not registered will be confiscated immediately upon discovery.

Seriously though, registration is the only viable way to eliminate private sales. People would have to register firearms already in their possession. There would have to be a reporting system for lost, stolen or sold firearms.

Not One More Inch!
03-05-2013 10:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JCambunga Offline
Unclassified

(03-05-2013 10:18 AM)Beau Wrote:  Registration. Coming soon on a bill to protect you! This bill will completely track all firearms. If a gun is used in a crime they'll know who it belongs to immediately. This is for your safety. Think of the children. Any firearm not registered will be confiscated immediately upon discovery.

Seriously though, registration is the only viable way to eliminate private sales. People would have to register firearms already in their possession. There would have to be a reporting system for lost, stolen or sold firearms.

I can see this coming as long as the Dems control the state.
03-05-2013 10:34 AM
vader33 Offline
C Class

(03-05-2013 10:18 AM)Beau Wrote:  Registration. Coming soon on a bill to protect you! This bill will completely track all firearms. If a gun is used in a crime they'll know who it belongs to immediately. This is for your safety. Think of the children. Any firearm not registered will be confiscated immediately upon discovery.

Again, how would that be enforced? The government just trusts us to say, "Hey, I've got some guns?"

If they don't know who has them now, they're not gonna know then. Aside from new store purchases, anyway.

NOT ONE MORE INCH!
03-05-2013 06:34 PM
kj4963 Offline
C Class
Site Supporter

Likes Given: 12

What guns? I don't have any guns to register!

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS
03-05-2013 07:19 PM
gold dude Offline
Unclassified

The bill that CONFUSES me is SB196 - the one that would hold manufacturers, etc., etc. liable for "discharges" from an ASSAULT WEAPON. I'm confused about the definition of "bolt action." I have several lever action rifles and one semi-auto rifle. I'd start a new thread but don't know for sure how.
03-05-2013 08:10 PM
gold dude Offline
Unclassified

The only voice of reason I have heard in any of this came from the Colorado Sheriffs' collective voice at the Senate hearings. And it was ignored. The laws are unenforceable. Unless some branch of law enforcement pulls a sting operation. At this stage, all the new laws are just a "feel good" measure for the legislators who voted for them and doing so may help them get re-elected.
03-14-2013 02:26 PM
O2HeN2 Offline
C Class
Site Supporter

Likes Given: 1
(03-14-2013 02:26 PM)gold dude Wrote:  At this stage, all the new laws are just a "feel good" measure...
Not exactly, it will enable them to harass and/or arrest enemies of the state.

O2

When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
03-14-2013 03:27 PM
Hammer03 Offline
C Class

Unenforceable except with a sting (like Chicago has been doing) or after the fact.
03-14-2013 04:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)