Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Lakewood Shooting Range Reopening
Suburban78 Offline
C Class

Likes Given: 0
Lakewood Shooting Range Reopening
The Blue Point is a indoor shooting range at Wadsworth and Jewell. Its under new management now and hopefully will stay open for a while. The facility itself is not new but has gone through many owners. Looking forward to having another range to use and I also thing they have a rifle lane! I will try to get some contact info soon.

Fear not the gunDraw, only the holes it makes!:AR15firing:
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2011 12:52 PM by Suburban78.)
02-19-2011 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bmrchk Offline
Unclassified

RE: Lakewood Shooting Range Reopening
It's now called BluCore, here's the link:

http://blucoreshootingcenter.com/
02-20-2012 01:49 PM
Beau Offline
Hugs Liberals
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 125
(02-20-2012 01:49 PM)Bmrchk Wrote:  It's now called BluCore, here's the link:

http://blucoreshootingcenter.com/
Yep we know. I also know I will never go there. Here's why, clicky---->Business's against carry.

Why would I spend my money at a gun shop / range that threatens to draw down on customers for lawful carry?

Not One More Inch!
02-20-2012 02:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlanG Offline
Bring on the zombies!!!
Site Supporter

Likes Given: 4
I also have a hard time supporting a business that sells firearms, but threatens to draw on anyone legally carrying one into their business.

Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
02-20-2012 09:21 PM
gnihcraes Offline
Unclassified

Simple Rules. Don't walk in the door with an uncased firearm. (essentially holding an uncased rifle when you walk in the door, would make people/workers feel uneasy)

I suggest you talk to one of the owners of BluCore and get all the information personally before making judgements of them online from Hearsay. Don't call them, stop in and talk to them.

I've talked to them about this in an adult manner and got the answer I needed and will do business with them.

I'd say most everyone I've seen walking into Silver Bullet has a cased firearm and they don't have a rule for it, so I guess most people are good with this rule BluCore has in place.

my 2 cents.
02-20-2012 09:58 PM
Ape Offline
Simian Extraordinaire
Site Supporter

Likes Given: 39
(02-20-2012 09:21 PM)alang Wrote:  I also have a hard time supporting a business that sells firearms, but threatens to draw on anyone legally carrying one into their business.

I have to say I'm this camp as well.
Even though they're a 2A company, they are trying to infringe on my right to carry my legally loaded and carried gun on my hip? I've never been to a gun store or gun range that wouldn't let me walk in with my carry gun on my hip. And I never will.

[Image: RestoreFreedom.jpg]
02-21-2012 12:14 AM
gnihcraes Offline
Unclassified

Did you ask them nicely before coming in with your gun on the hip?
02-22-2012 10:12 PM
Ape Offline
Simian Extraordinaire
Site Supporter

(02-22-2012 10:12 PM)gnihcraes Wrote:  Did you ask them nicely before coming in with your gun on the hip?

???????? Why would I ask to come in with my gun on my hip when it's legal to do so. Especially at a gun shop!

02-22-2012 11:25 PM
gnihcraes Offline
Unclassified

It's their shop, they can do what they want, private property. CCW OC or whatever.

I'll send you a PM...
02-23-2012 07:42 PM
kj4963 Offline
C Class
Site Supporter

Likes Given: 12
You are correct, it is their shop. I don't like the rules, so I bring my business to a range where I like the rules.

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS
02-23-2012 10:57 PM
gnihcraes Offline
Unclassified

Yep, I asked nicely and they gave me the answers I wanted, so I do business with them.

Polite clarification of their polices and rules was to my liking.

Your mileage may vary.
02-24-2012 10:37 PM
Ape Offline
Simian Extraordinaire
Site Supporter

(02-23-2012 10:57 PM)kj4963 Wrote:  You are correct, it is their shop. I don't like the rules, so I bring my business to a range where I like the rules.

Exactly how I feel as well. Thumbsup

I agree whole heartedly with being courteous and polite gnihcraes. Which is part of the reason I carry. But as I said in my PM, it's a 2 way street for that kind of thing. And assuming I'm an idiot with bad intentions because I'm OCing with a good holster while entering a store that supposedly supports our 2A rights.... seems more like an impolite tactic to me.

02-26-2012 11:33 PM
Bmrchk Offline
Unclassified

(02-24-2012 10:37 PM)gnihcraes Wrote:  Yep, I asked nicely and they gave me the answers I wanted, so I do business with them.

Polite clarification of their polices and rules was to my liking.

Your mileage may vary.

Talked to the owner on Sunday about the OC policy, he said they used to allow OC until some guy came in carrying a rifle waving it around. They asked him to leave and he stepped outside but kept looking in through the window. At that point they felt the most prudent thing for the safety of all concerned was to say no to OC.
02-28-2012 08:55 AM
Beau Offline
Hugs Liberals
Super Moderators

Re: Lakewood Shooting Range Reopening
Well I guess it's a good thing they are only making policies and not laws.

Making policy that effects every customer based on the actions of one or even a few seems pretty silly.

Not One More Inch!
02-28-2012 02:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gnihcraes Offline
Unclassified

So I don't open carry outside my own property, and don't feel their policy is silly.
02-28-2012 07:55 PM
Beau Offline
Hugs Liberals
Super Moderators

(02-28-2012 07:55 PM)gnihcraes Wrote:  So I don't open carry outside my own property, and don't feel their policy is silly.

So you're all for rights as long as people have to pay to exercise them?

Not One More Inch!
02-28-2012 08:36 PM
K.J.O. Firearms Offline
Guns are cool!
COGO Advertisor

Likes Given: 59
They are a GUN RANGE That does not allow people to carry guns!!!! Am I the only one who thinks this is ODD?!?!?!?!?!?!? If the employees feel like they need to, then they should carry themselves, then when the idiot starts "waving a rifle around" they can protect themselves and customers. That being said, if they would just allow OC then you would have 10-50 other peole willing to protect themselves from the dummy that is waving a rifle around!!! I got an idea, lets be like Clinton and give them guns but no ammo!!! Just seems stupid to me!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
-Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"A free people.... Ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
-George Washington

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry"
-Thomas Jefferson
Smileak
02-29-2012 09:40 PM
kj4963 Offline
C Class
Site Supporter

Likes Given: 12
Twocents
(02-29-2012 09:40 PM)K.J.O. Firearms Wrote:  They are a GUN RANGE That does not allow people to carry guns!!!! Am I the only one who thinks this is ODD?!?!?!?!?!?!? If the employees feel like they need to, then they should carry themselves, then when the idiot starts "waving a rifle around" they can protect themselves and customers. That being said, if they would just allow OC then you would have 10-50 other peole willing to protect themselves from the dummy that is waving a rifle around!!! I got an idea, lets be like Clinton and give them guns but no ammo!!! Just seems stupid to me!!

No, you are not the only one that thinks it's odd, that's why they are on the business' against carry thread.

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore jack, i went out for a ride and never went back. BS
02-29-2012 09:53 PM
gnihcraes Offline
Unclassified

(02-21-2012 12:14 AM)Ape Wrote:  I have to say I'm this camp as well.
Even though they're a 2A company, they are trying to infringe on my right to carry my legally loaded and carried gun on my hip? I've never been to a gun store or gun range that wouldn't let me walk in with my carry gun on my hip. And I never will.

(02-28-2012 02:40 PM)Beau Wrote:  Well I guess it's a good thing they are only making policies and not laws.

Making policy that effects every customer based on the actions of one or even a few seems pretty silly.

(02-28-2012 08:36 PM)Beau Wrote:  So you're all for rights as long as people have to pay to exercise them?

I'll assume you're talking about paying for the right to CCW? Against what the 2A says.

Yep, I paid for the right to CCW. Open Carry doesn't work for me on a Personal Level. Not a "Rights" level. YMMV.

I guess I don't see BluCore as infringing on my 2A right.
02-29-2012 10:07 PM
AlanG Offline
Bring on the zombies!!!
Site Supporter

Likes Given: 4
For me it comes down to this:

Most shooting ranges that are out there have a policy something along the lines of:

All firearms must be in a case or holster at all times while not on the range.

This type of policy still allows you to carry - open or concealed, but requires that you act appropriately. BluCore has made the choice to create a policy that omits the "holster" part of this, and they have taken it a step further by stating that they may draw on anyone carrying a firearm that is not in a "case", including those who are carrying a firearm in a holster. They are well within their rights to do that as it is private property, and because they have the right to make that decision I'm fine with them doing so. However, by them making that decision, I have made the choice to not be a customer of theirs. A decision that I am fully within my rights to do. There are enough other ranges that will allow you to enter their business while still carrying for me to want to go to someplace that will not.

I understand, and completely agree with, the need for safety whenever firearms are involved, but I still disagree with their policy. To make a policy based on one idiot's poor judgement seems a little rash to me. Ask the person to leave and tell them that they are no longer welcome back in your establishment, but don't hold everyone else accountable for that person's actions. That is the same mentality that the anti-gun establishment uses - because one person went out and committed a crime with a gun, every gun must be taken away.

Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
03-01-2012 10:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)