Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School districts should allow staff to carry weapons
I live in Colorado Springs and am trying to persuade my local school district, Academy District 20, to allow staff who wish to carry concealed weapons to do so. The head of security is not in favor of this. The school board is mostly against it too. Police response times are 11 - 12 minutes. After that amount of time most shootings are over anyway. The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy who has a gun. If school staff were allowed to carry there would be more weapons in the school and if a school shooting were to start it would be over much faster than waiting for police to arrive.

If you live in the Colorado Springs area, particularly in D20, please reach out to me if you would be interested in speaking at an upcoming school board meeting to voice your support for allowing school district staff to arm themselves.
When talking to them, keep using the phrase "second responders" when referring to fire, medical and police.

They have fire extinguishers and medical kits on site because they DO understand they they're the first responders in those cases. The question becomes: When people are dying, why do they want to wait for the second responders?

When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
...glad to see one of my "inventions" -- who the "First Responders" REALLY are -- is being promulgated.

But really, it IS true...even though the media and most people still think the cops, fire and EMTs are the "First Responders."

They aren't.

As for dying, THAT is a "First Response" also (along with running away, screaming, hiding under tables, begging to be spared, etc., you know, what MOST victims do)...but I prefer a fighting chance, so I CARRY! ;-)

As for armed teachers, I'm ALL FOR it...and as well, allowing ANY "civilians" who have a CO issued CC permit to carry while on school property, too, whether they be picking up their kids or visiting the school to talk to teachers or the admin.
El Paso, TX
(formerly Colorado Springs CO and Galveston TX)