Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Colorado
Hello

I am pretty much new to Colorado. I am from Michigan. CO is a beautiful and decent state. I do have some shooting experience and shooting range job experience in Michigan. Hopefully I can meet good people here in CO and CO gun owners' forum.

I do have two ARs, a shotgun, a 22 plikner and two handguns. I once have shot in CO at Cherry Creek range at my last visit on March. Then I moved with my family to CO two weeks ago. Again, CO is a beautiful state that even hard to describe what it is like...

I am glad to join this forum. Thank you everyone.
Welcome to the Rockies of Colorado. 
Welcome to both of you, and welcome to me too. I joined a couple of days ago, even though I don’t yet live in Colorado. I will be moving to somewhere northeast of Boulder in the next few months. My reason for joining is that I intend to compete in “three-gun” when I get to Colorado. Three gun is A timed sport, Taking turns using shotgun, rifle, and pistol. Usually 12 gauge, AR 15, and high-capacity 9 mm. So I wanted to talk to somebody in Colorado about the laws, magazine capacity limits, and all that.
(05-26-2018, 09:59 AM)RDF3 Wrote: Welcome to the Rockies of Colorado. 

Thank you. I am glad to join.
(05-26-2018, 04:31 PM)CW3Charlie Wrote: Welcome to both of you, and welcome to me too. I joined a couple of days ago, even though I don’t yet live in Colorado. I will be moving to somewhere northeast of Boulder in the next few months. My reason for joining is that I intend to compete in “three-gun” when I get to Colorado. Three gun is A timed sport, Taking turns using shotgun, rifle, and pistol.  Usually 12 gauge, AR 15, and high-capacity 9 mm. So I wanted to talk to somebody in Colorado about the laws, magazine capacity limits, and all that.

Yep Speaking of mag capacity, I had to order some mag blocks for my p mags to make them CO legal.
(05-26-2018, 04:31 PM)CW3Charlie Wrote: My reason for joining is that I intend to compete in “three-gun” when I get to Colorado.

USPSA information (including 3 gun) for Eastern Colorado can be found here: http://ecouspsa.com/

If I remember correctly, requirements for USPSA competition in Eastern Colorado is:
  • Safety class given by a USPSA affiliated Eastern Colorado club, or
  • Holding a USPSA classification, or
  • Proof of participation in a sanctioned USPSA competition somewhere else.
That last one is an "I think"

O2

Ps. Folks might want say where they're moving to within the state. This isn't Rhode Island; information for Towaoc isn't the same as for Julesburg! :)
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.
(05-25-2018, 08:56 PM)stevejay80 Wrote: Hello

I am pretty much new to Colorado. I am from Michigan. CO is a beautiful and decent state. I do have some shooting experience and shooting range job experience in Michigan. Hopefully I can meet good people here in CO and CO gun owners' forum.

I do have two ARs, a shotgun, a 22 plikner and two handguns. I once have shot in CO at Cherry Creek range at my last visit on March. Then I moved with my family to CO two weeks ago. Again, CO is a beautiful state that even hard to describe what it is like...

I am glad to join this forum. Thank you everyone.
Welcome to Colorado!

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
(05-26-2018, 04:31 PM)CW3Charlie Wrote: Welcome to both of you, and welcome to me too. I joined a couple of days ago, even though I don’t yet live in Colorado. I will be moving to somewhere northeast of Boulder in the next few months. My reason for joining is that I intend to compete in “three-gun” when I get to Colorado. Three gun is A timed sport, Taking turns using shotgun, rifle, and pistol. Usually 12 gauge, AR 15, and high-capacity 9 mm. So I wanted to talk to somebody in Colorado about the laws, magazine capacity limits, and all that.
Boulder now passed a law requiring registration of all "military style" weapons. I know some attorney has filled a law suit pertaining to boulders new laws. I have heard some people saying they will never register. The law may also require that a person who owns the gun(s) may have to register as an owner of such guns.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
If you're into horticulture, Boulder is a beautiful place. Otherwise it has been known for years as The Peoples Republic of Boulder for good reason. Boulder and Denver are leftwing cesspools that I recommend avoiding whenever possible.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One of the greatest fears politicians have is seeing an angry guy with lots of guns charging down the street, because they know he’s probably on his way to commit an act of voting.

(06-04-2018, 03:42 PM)Highwayman Wrote: If you're into horticulture, Boulder is a beautiful place. Otherwise it has been known for years as The Peoples Republic of Boulder for good reason. Boulder and Denver are leftwing cesspools that I recommend avoiding whenever possible.

...so is Pueblo more than not, due to the high (majority?) Hispanic population that tends to vote Democrat.

Of the 4 major cities in CO, only "conservative" Colorado Springs would be my choice to live in (I did for 3 years, and may go back in the future)...but then if all the conservative/pro-gun voters move out of Boulder, Denver and Pueblo, the liberals there will have an easier time realizing their "utopia" without ANY opposition -- unless it's that way already... :-(
El Paso, TX
(formerly Colorado Springs CO and Galveston TX)
Not new to Colorado, I just left this place long ago in the Yahoo group way back! So now I am back! Disappointed with the Democrats in Denver and we need to ramp up our votes for a new govenor to kick Obama’s crony governor H out of the office. Curious everyone in Colorado, who would you vote for as the new Gov, Greg Lopez or Walker Stapleton?? Let me know why you would vote for that person, personal acquaintances or what! Let’s fight to clean up Obama’s mess that Hickenlooper would leave behind!

Thanks, Jeffrey
"We" tried to stop Hickenlooper from getting his 2nd (?) term, but were outvoted by Denver and the other liberal cities. Prior to that, "we" got those 3 state legislators recalled (2 recalled, and the 3rd resigned for fear of being recalled -- the ones who pushed that high-capacity magazine ban bill that Hickenlooper signed) but "we" couldn't stop his re-election later. The votes coming in looked good AT FIRST...then they went his way later. I was VERY disappointed...
I'm not sure if CO is just past the "balance point" where from now on Republicans will not be able to win the major political offices in CO, if they become increasingly outnumbered as it appears is happening. So I don't know if it's the start of a "Blue Wave" coming yet in CO or just a temporary high-tide...a blue "King Tide" perhaps, which is only an occasional event. ;-)
But for sure, it's too early to give up now...so good luck to you all still living/voting in CO come next Governor election!
El Paso, TX
Good morning, my wife and I are moving to Aurora on the 29th of July. I currently hold a Georgia CWP and I am retired U.S. Army. Question, will I have to complete training to convert my Georgia CWP to a Colorado CWP?
(07-18-2018, 04:51 AM)martylick Wrote: Good morning, my wife and I are moving to Aurora on the 29th of July.  I currently hold a Georgia CWP and I am retired U.S. Army.  Question, will I have to complete training to convert my Georgia CWP to a Colorado CWP?

I don't think you "convert" anything (like we do for driver's licenses when we move to another state)...you have to start from scratch (at your County (of your residence) Sheriff's Department office, as they issue CC permits in CO, not the state DPS/state police (as in TX) or city police. In fact. the city & state LEOs don't know who has a CC permit as the Sheriffs do NOT share that info with them...so if you're ever pulled over, the cops don't know you do/don't have a permit (unlike here in TX where permits come from the DPS and the traffic cops DO know). TMK -- and despite CO being a "purple" state -- most Sheriffs are very pro-2nd Amendment/armed-citizen, and that's a GOOD thing (unlike many police departments/city leaders/politicians, like sorry Governor Hickenlooper in liberal Denver) .

Anyway, when I moved from TX to CO, my having a TX CC permit -- even with a shooting/qualification component that CO did NOT have (so the TX permit was actually more demanding & "hands on" than CO's), not to mention being ex-military (combat) -- didn't matter at all and was completely irrelevant: I had to start from scratch and meet CO's CC permit requirements.

But remember, CO is an Open Carry (OC) state (and no permit required) so if you want, you can still CARRY until your CC permit arrives -- so you don't have to be UNarmed out & about, as we do here in TX waiting for OUR LTC permits, which (sadly) we need even for OCing here! :-(
Good luck...
El Paso, TX