No
I don't know.
Squirrel!!!!!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
H.R. 822
)
Quote:Latest Major Action: 9/13/2011 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Subcommittee Hearings Held.

SUMMARY AS OF: 2/18/2011--Introduced. National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 -Amends the federal criminal code to authorize a person who is carrying a government-issued photographic identification document and a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm in one state, and who is not prohibited from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm under federal law, to carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) in accordance with the laws of that state.

It had to go through the subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. Dunno

Link to video of hearing: http://judiciary.edgeboss.net/wmedia/judiciary/crime/crime09132011.wvx

So are you in favor of or opposed?
Where can you carry? Check the editable COGO Carry Map
When in doubt. JFC.

k. I'll go first. I would love to see this passed. You should see how the Brady Bunch is trying to spin this bill. I subscribe to them on Facebook so I can keep track of the trash they throw out there. They make this bill sound like it will legally allow felons, rapists and pedophiles to carry guns down your block.

They also say it violates states rights which I don't see at all. The cc'er would be bound to follow the rules of the state they are carrying in.
When in doubt. JFC.

It would be nice that instead of trying to find out what states you are allowed to carry in all you would have to do is check on what the laws of that state are. I wonder how it would work in cities like Chicago or DC???
Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
I would imagine that since you are bound to follow the laws of the state you are carrying in carry in places like IL would still be illegal since they are a right denied state.
When in doubt. JFC.